In a special ‘Patriots & Pariahs’, Fong & EJ are joined by Patriot ‘DividedBy0‘ of DeepDotWeb who reveals a little known document authored by Pariah James P. Henry of the U.S. Army. Allegedly leaked on 4chan, it ostensibly describes the Army’s successes compromising the anonymity of TOR and VPNs, as well as their attempts to monitor anonymous cryptocurrencies such as Monero.
Fong also speaks with Theo Chino of the NYC chapter of Restore the Fourth and NYC Privacy Board Advocates about the POST Act, challenging the NYS Dept of Financial Services attempt to regulate BitCoin, and U.S. v. Costanzo (aka. Morpheus) – among other topics.
- New Congressional bill (S139) reignites debate over Section 702 of FISA and NSA surveillance reform
- ‘Spectre’ and ‘Meltdown’ exploit threaten security on systems utilizing chips manufactured by Intel, ARM, and others
- Department of Homeland Security expands license plate reader dragnet
- California Senate to hear EFF’s License Plate Cover Bill
- Warrantless phone, laptop searches at the US border hit record levels
- Amazon giving a record amount of data to government
- Getting driver’s license puts Arizonans into ‘perpetual criminal lineup’
- China uses facial recognition, mandated spyware, and QR code etching to deploy a surveillance state in the Xinjiang province
Please DONATE to Restore the Fourth!