Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 2:09:15 — 37.0MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
We speak with Robert Frommer of the Institute for Justice about Chicago’s ordinance requiring all food trucks to be outfitted with GPS trackers.
This episode’s Patriots are Chris Lydgate and Nick Budnick of the Willamette Weekly. Our pariah is Mitch Landrieu, Mayor of New Orleans. Honorable mention: Rancher, Ricardo Palacios.
- Mountain of sensitive FedEx customer data exposed, possibly for years
- Equifax may actually make money off data breach
- Signal partners with Microsoft to bring end-to-end encryption to Skype
- Microsoft bans foul language from Skype, Microsoft365 and Xbox Live
- Police give out infected USBs as prizes in cybersecurity quiz
- Voting-machine makers are already worried about Defcon
- DHS wants to subject all international travelers to face scans at airports
- ICE Wants to Be an Intelligence Agency Under Trump
- Facebook can’t force Germans to use their real names, court rules
- Google Photos algorithm racist?
- NSA deletes ‘honesty’ and ‘Openness’ from Core Values
- NSA deleted surveillance data it pledged to preserve
- NSA Denies Prior Knowledge of Exploits
- British court ruled that their snooper’s charter lacks adequate safeguards
- Amazon Partnership with British Alarms Privacy Advocates
- China bans the letter ‘N’
- Apple moves to store iCloud keys in China, raising human rights fears
- Governments, and ISPs are using network gear to inject malware into citizens downloads
- FUJITSU Technical Computing Solution GREENAGES Citywide Surveillance
- FBI chief calls unbreakable encryption an ‘urgent public safety issue’
- EFF and MuckRock reveal how much data law enforcement agencies have collected using automated license plate readers
- Law Enforcement Has Been Using OnStar, SiriusXM, To Eavesdrop
- ICE is about to start tracking license plates across the US
- Police asked google for info on all cellphones near a crime scene
- NYC implements the Right to Know Act
- H.R.4816 – Stop Civil Asset Forfeiture Funding for Marijuana Suppression Act of 2018
- Berkeley law requires council approval of surveillance tech
- California Senate Rejects License Plate Privacy Shield Bill
Please support Restore the Fourth during the DuckDuckGo Fundraising Challenge!