We spoke with Shahid Buttar, a civil-liberties-minded candidate running for the 12th Congressional District in the San Francisco Bay Area.
This episode’s Patriot is Jan Koum. He left Facebook after disagreements over use of WhatsApp users’ private data.
- Is China Becoming A Black Mirror Episode (Sesame Credit)
- Google’s the Selfish Ledger
- More than 3,000 apps have been spying on children without parental consent
- FBI exaggerated the number of phones it can’t unlock by up to 550 percent
- IBM warns of instant breaking of encryption by quantum computers: ‘Move your data today’
- Chrome Is Scanning Files on Your Computer, and People Are Freaking Out
- Russia blocks Telegram app over encryption
- Upstate NY farmer says ICE officers stormed his farm without a warrant, cuffed him, threw his phone
- Surveillance Database of Journalists to Be Compiled in the USA. Where Is the Outcry?
- Amazon Rekognition Scandal
- Amazon Admits Alexa Device Eavesdropped On Portland Family
- Newark NJ surveillance cameras
- A California bill to hold police accountable for surveillance tech faces one last hurdle before heading to the state Senate floor.
- ISO rejects backdoored NSA IoT standard
- Georgia’s governor has vetoed SB 315, the state’s catastrophically stupid cybersecurity law
- Congressional law banning backdoors
- Fourth Circuit rules that border officials can’t subject electronic devices to suspicionless forensic searches